To make your photos available on our “Photos” website page simply do the following:
1. If you are using a photo service such as Google Photos, Flickr, Imagur, Instagram, Photobucket, SmugMug, or even Facebook:
a. Create your album using the instructions from the service. Captions and descriptive information are at your discretion.
b. Set the permissions option to allow others (or those with the link) to view them.
c. Send the “album” link to Albums@HudsonValleySkiClub.org who will add your link with attribution to the “Photos” website page.
2. If you don’t use one of these services, just forward your photo images to Albums@Hud…., and we’ll create the Photo Gallery for you.
a. Size your images to a maximum of 1024×768 pixels at either 72 or 150 dpi to keep file sizes manageable.
b. Create a “zip” file to include the image files you will send.
Keep in mind that you will be highlighting both the club activity and your photographic ability. Members appreciate sharp, colorful, and interesting photos, so carefully choose the ones you upload.
Zipped (compressed) files take up less storage space and can be transferred to other computers more quickly than uncompressed files. In Windows, you work with zipped files and folders in the same way that you work with uncompressed files and folders. Combine several files into a single zipped folder to more easily share a group of files.
To Zip (Compress) files:
- Locate the file(s) or folder that you want to zip.
- Select the file(s) you want to zip.
- Press and hold (or right-click) the file or folder, select (or point to) Send to, and then select Compressed (zipped) folder.
A new zipped folder with the same name is created in the same location. To rename it, press and hold (or right-click) the folder, select Rename, and then type the new name.
If you have questions or need assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org